You will deliver world-class service and sector-leading digital products to our portfolio of global clients. This could include designing and building high-end blended MBA programs, supporting clients in creating life-changing MOOCs, and developing competency-based job training.
You will work closely with internal role players on multiple partner and in-house projects and be responsible for delivering high-quality course content. While you will be part of a highly supportive environment, as a Senior Learning Designer, you will be expected to:
- take full ownership of your work,
- contribute to the supportive environment by offering coaching and peer support,
- develop an area of specialization in which you can provide a high level of coaching to peers and/or external stakeholders.
Core Learning Design tasks
- Apply advanced learning and design knowledge and skills to create technology-enabled learning experiences for a range of learners that meet best practice standards.
- Effectively engage in regular interactions with internal roleplayers to translate a course blueprint into a detailed course atlas/storyboard which supports an effective and efficient digital course building process.
- Taking a lead in internal Construct team initiatives.
- Reviewing course documentation to familiarise yourself with the broader context of the course.
- Collecting content aligned to learning outcomes by creating and reviewing content request documents for your clients.
- Creating instructionally sound and engaging online learning experiences by presenting content coherently, creating relevant activities, and proposing necessary graphic and video content.
- Designing and writing grammatically correct learning content in partnership with external subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Populating course atlas/storyboard and writing scripts, according to Construct’s learning and visual design principles.
- Author directly on the LMS or support the learning technologist team as they build the course.
- Regularly engaging with the production team to create a course graphics guide and video graphics guide according to Construct’s design principles.
- Supporting internal roleplayers through QA processes.
For example, processing client feedback and mapping all design activity to Construct’s quality standards.
- 5 years + working experience in online or blended Learning Design, or similar role.
- Strong consultancy and communication skills (written and verbal).
Ability to develop and/or design courses for multiple LMSs (EdX, Canvas, Bridge, etc.)
- Proven ability to self-motivate, work autonomously and demonstrate leadership qualities with a multidisciplinary team.
- Deep knowledge of best practices for online and blended learning design.
- Ability to coach peers and external role-players on best practices.
- Demonstrable interest in and understanding of agile L&D design and delivery, especially technologically enhanced L&D.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A passion for great learning and a solutions-oriented approach to learning and design challenges.
What we offer
It’s a hugely exciting time to join Construct! You will work with a dynamic, diverse, and innovative global team to deliver high-quality digital learning experiences. With offices in Cape Town, London, and Salt Lake City, we deliver courses to 100,000+ learners in over 165 countries. Our vision is that one day everyone will have the opportunity to attain a meaningful education through superior online programs. To make this a reality, we partner with higher education, government, enterprise, and NGOs to create tailored and engaging digital learning experiences, providing world-class instructional design, digital content production, and project management services.
Construct Education gives you the chance to have continuous professional development as you experience working with global experts in their field, the top universities such as Oxford, University of Michigan, British Cabinet Office, and others. You will have the opportunity to develop complex people management skills by motivating a diverse team of people to work together to achieve a common objective. Our global reach gives you direct access to clients from all over the world who are making waves in their industries and the ability to influence decisions and build strategic alliances over time.
These are some of the perks you can expect when you join the team:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive remuneration
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
Texas, United States
(Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio, and surrounding areas)
Our vision is that one day everyone will have the opportunity to attain a meaningful education through superior online programs. To make this a reality, we partner with higher education, government, enterprise, and NGOs to create tailored and engaging digital learning experiences, providing world-class instructional design, digital content production, and project management services.
At Construct, it is our mission to enable opportunity through transformative learning. We believe equality and diversity are the cornerstones of good learning and meaningful innovation. We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace that encourages and supports diverse voices.