Location: Cape Town | Work model: Hybrid | Contract: Fixed Term (project based)
We are seeking experienced and innovative learning designers to help us deliver world-class service and sector-leading digital products to our portfolio of global clients. You will work closely with a learning strategist (LS) on multiple client and in-house projects and be responsible for delivering high-quality course content, including a course atlas.
- Apply foundation-level L&D knowledge and design skills to create technology-enabled learning experiences for a range of learners that meet best practice standards.
- Effectively engage in regular interactions with your learning strategist to translate a course blueprint into a detailed course atlas which supports an effective and efficient digital course building process.
- Taking a lead on all internal Construct team initiatives.
- Review course documentation to familiarise yourself with the broader context of the course.
- Collecting content aligned to learning outcomes by creating and reviewing content request documents for your clients.
- Creating instructionally sound and engaging online learning experiences by presenting content coherently, creating relevant activities, and proposing necessary graphic and video content.
- Designing and writing grammatically correct learning content in partnership with external subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Populating course atlas and writing scripts, according to Construct’s learning and visual design principles.
- Regularly engaging with the production team to create a course graphics guide and video graphics guide according to Construct’s design principles.
- Supporting learning strategists through QA processes.
Example: processing client feedback and mapping all design activities to Construct’s quality standards.
- Support the learning technologist team as they build the course.
- Demonstrable interest in and understanding of agile L&D design and delivery, especially technologically enhanced L&D.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of the EdX, Canvas, and Bridge platforms (preferable).
- Strong English writing skills.
- Proven ability to self-motivate and work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and an ability to work to deadlines.
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships.
- An ability to communicate confidently, clearly, and effectively, both in written and verbal form.
- An ability to effectively use online collaboration tools e.g. Slack, Zoom, Google Docs, etc.
- Creative, with a passion for great learning
- A solutions-orientated approach to learning and design challenges.
- Graduate of English and/or Education with undergraduate-level English writing skills.
- Preferably with experience in learning design, but applications for entry-level jobs are welcomed.
These are some of the perks Construct team members enjoy:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid underground parking
- Generous annual leave days
- Supportive and innovative work culture
- Modern and fun offices
It’s a hugely exciting time to join Construct! You will work with a dynamic, diverse, and innovative global team to deliver high-quality digital learning experiences. With offices in Cape Town, London, and Salt Lake City, we deliver courses to 100,000+ learners in over 165 countries. Our vision is that one day everyone will have the opportunity to attain a meaningful education through superior online programs. To make this a reality, we partner with higher education, government, enterprise, and NGOs to create tailored and engaging digital learning experiences, providing world-class instructional design, digital content production, and project management services.
Construct Education gives you the chance to have continuous professional development as you experience working with global experts in their field, the top universities such as Oxford, University of Michigan, British Cabinet Office and others. You will have the opportunity to develop complex people management skills by motivating a diverse team of people to work together to achieve a common objective. Our global reach gives you direct access to clients from all over the world who are making waves in their industries and the ability to influence decisions and build strategic alliances over time.
How to Apply:
Email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.B. If you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.