Location: Cape Town | Work model: Hybrid | Contract: Permanent
The Director of Learning will provide the overarching leadership and strategic direction to the Learning team. The Director of Learning will be focused on managing all aspects of the team to drive efficiency, excellence, and client satisfaction on projects as well as adherence to budget. This includes training, process efficiency, the overall health of the team, executing the short-term vision for the learning team as well as moving the learning team into position for the long-term goals of the company.
The Director of Learning supports the Heads of Learning as their direct manager with high-level oversight of projects and support with staffing, quality, or escalations. The Director of Learning is also focused on maintaining current research-based learning quality and best practices.
The Director of Learning reports to the CEO collaborates closely with the COO, and works with other departments within Construct to optimize the delivery team and support the company’s business objectives.
- Use your experience to confidently represent the company at the executive level globally
- Lead a growing team of professionals that supports Construct’s values, positivity, and can-do attitude
- Bring a calm, experienced confidence to internal issues as well as client engagements
Drive process efficiencies to hit budgetary and resource constraints that scale effectively
Build a strong coalition across Construct that actively supports our growth globally
Have financial and commercial acumen to negotiate contracts, find creative solutions, and be accountable for company objectives
Own escalations and conflicts in a way that finds resolutions and builds long-term goodwill
Provide appropriate reports to leadership and board as needed
Your Experience & Level of Education
- Advanced qualification in a related field
- Experience – minimum 10 years of experience, leading a team of more than 40 people, ideally in a learning environment
- Extensive experience in online education – including curriculum and content design for face-to-face, online, and/or blended learning experiences, teaching face to face or online, and/or as part of a blended learning program
- Kill at making sense out of complexity, especially bringing together complex systems with multiple moving parts
- Construct values: humility, integrity, positivity, creativity, caring, curiosity
- Leadership: leading the organization, leading the self, leading others in the organization
- Communication: listening, oral, writing
- Professionalism: adaptability, organization, proactivity
- Interpersonal: collaboration, conflict management
- Executive-level experience
- Learning design, learning science, learning theory
- Learning team operations
These are some of the perks Construct team members enjoy:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive remuneration
- Generous annual leave policy
- Modern and fun offices
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
How to Apply:
Email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.B. If you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.