Location: Cape Town | Work model: Hybrid | Contract: Permanent
The successful candidate would have a proven track record of being able to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with both internal and external (client) stakeholders. They are passionate problem solvers and powerful team leaders who naturally take initiative, can navigate themselves, and take a team through ambiguous situations. They have a high level of emotional intelligence and a business mindset. And they have shown time and again that they are resilient, adaptable, agile, proactive, flexible, and always come to the table with a growth mindset and willingness to learn.
A Delivery Manager oversees a portfolio of projects and manages the project managers working on these projects. Working with the account directors and project managers, delivery managers provide overall project accountability and help ensure the quality and success of the project. They may, from time to time, act as project managers on some projects.
Process management: initiation, planning, monitoring and control, execution, and closing of a project
- Support project managers to create and manage project plans.
- Prepare regular reports on account status and manage budgets.
- Monitor project health, resourcing, and planning.
- Know, follow, and adapt to the Construct process.
- High-level oversight to ensure projects within your portfolio are managed and aligned with Construct’s process and governance framework.
- Drive improvement in delivery effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify and drive new opportunities.
- Work with the management team on strategic projects and improvement initiatives.
- Work with the Global Head of Delivery to manage teams’ utilization and plan resourcing.
Delivery management: management of scope, timeline, quality, budget, communication, and integration and risk management
- Deliver projects in your portfolio on time and within budget.
- Manage the seamless delivery of our products with exceptional client service.
- Provide direction to the internal team and client to mitigate unforeseen issues that arise by addressing needs throughout the course builds.
- Act as the point person for escalation.
People management: management of team, stakeholders, and escalations.
- Communicate effectively to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Facilitate and manage project teams in your portfolio.
- Line manage up to five direct reportees, helping them to succeed and grow in their role.
- Partner with the accounts team to help grow Construct business and clients.
Your Experience & Competencies
- Commercial reasoning: Understanding of how projects are priced and scoped, the ability to raise and manage concerns with regards to budget overspending and scope creep, and an understanding of how this impacts revenue.
- Basic knowledge of economic and accounting principles, ability to analyze and report financial data, and present data and findings to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- People management experience, especially with a global project team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Exceptional communication skills and a proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues, both in-person and while working remotely with global teams in multiple locations.
- An ability to communicate confidently, clearly, and effectively, both in written and verbal form – English is a requirement, and other languages are an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confidence, warmth, professionalism, and a high emotional quotient.
- Passion for driving continuous improvement in the quality of products and services
- An ability to work in an agile environment, by adapting to situations and understanding new concepts quickly.
- Proven ability to self-motivate and work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary squad.
- Experience in autonomous decision-making and problem-solving.
- An open mind and commitment to quality and teamwork.
These are some of the perks Construct team members enjoy:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid underground parking
- Generous annual leave days
- Supportive and innovative work culture
- Modern and fun offices
How to Apply:
Email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.B. If you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.