Location: US | Work model: Remote | Contract: Permanent
We need an Account Director with a specialized set of skills. For this role, you should be passionate about people—creating meaningful, long-lasting relationships both with your client stakeholders and with your co-workers around the globe. You should be detail-oriented and enjoy the process so much that when there isn’t a process, you take pride in creating one. You should be both keenly independent and deeply collaborative— relish working without oversight, but communicate early and often with your project teams.
As an Account Director, you’ll be responsible for both Sales and Delivery across a number of existing clients. You will need to develop a comprehensive understanding of both your client’s DNA and the services we offer in order to successfully guide them through developing their programs and courses. You will be responsible for successful delivery and implementation and should be capable of dropping into the detail as required. Success will be measured by profitability, sales, and client satisfaction.
You should be excited by the opportunity to travel, sometimes for extended periods. Accommodation, travel, and other expenses will be covered.
Who we are:
Construct was born out of a passion to use the revolutionary power of digital learning to transform individuals and organizations. From day one, we have worked tirelessly toward a world that has open access to education as a means to level the playing field.
It’s a hugely exciting time to join Construct! You will work with a dynamic, diverse, and innovative global team to deliver high-quality digital learning experiences. We partner with Higher Education, Government, Enterprise, and NGOs to create tailored and engaging digital learning experiences, providing world-class instructional design, digital content production, and project management services.
At Construct, it is our mission to enable opportunity through transformative learning. We believe equality and diversity are the cornerstones of good learning and meaningful innovation. We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace that encourages and supports diverse voices.
- Provide constructive leadership and management across your office and project management teams.
- Oversight, coordination, and supervision of various delivery teams around the world to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Work with the management team on strategic projects and improvement initiatives.
- Present regular reports on client accounts to the management team.
- Drive improvement in delivery effectiveness and efficiency within your teams and ensure this is shared globally as required.
- Compile, analyze, and report data to understand changes to the market as a result of digitalization and act on this understanding.
- Develop tools in excel or other programs to collect, analyze, and report on project status, budgeting, and costing.
Managing key client accounts:
- Partner with a portfolio of global clients and grow your account portfolio.
- Prepare regular reports on account status and manage project budgets.
- Grow existing client accounts building on current work to become a trusted advisor and natural partner for future work
Support business development:
- Support the New Business team in closing out specific opportunities
- Study competition to find new ways to attract and retain clients.
- Represent Construct at conferences, events, or other marketing opportunities.
- Education/Experience level
Postgraduate or Undergraduate Degree & Account Director and Project Management experience
- Required attributes
Adaptable, motivated, resilient, and outcome-orientated with developed stakeholder management and planning skills.
- 2+ years managing teams of more than 5 people.
- 5+ years in the education industry with an understanding of the global context of education delivery. Experience studying in multiple countries is an asset.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction, and measurement of effects.
- Knowledge and experience with agile software development.
- Commercial reasoning.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles, analysis and reporting of financial data, and extensive ability regarding reporting, analysis, and presentation.
- Experience in autonomous decision-making and problem-solving.
- People management, especially with a global project team.
- Juggling multiple projects at a time.
- Driving continuous improvement in the quality of products and service
- Previous exposure to Learning Design and supporting Technologies, or an enthusiasm to learn.
You Should Enjoy:
- Being dynamic and solutions-driven.
- Making smart decisions that build a sustainable future for us and our partners.
- Being collaborative, co-creating engaging learning experiences together.
- Keeping things straightforward, grounded in integrity, simplicity, and fairness.
- Being invested: Using our shared passions to achieve outcomes that make an impact.
As a rapidly growing company, change is a constant, and the ability to adapt to these changes is a key part of our success.
These are some of the perks Construct team members enjoy:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive remuneration
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
How to Apply:
Email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.B. If you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.